Friday, February 19, 2010

I know I said I wouldn't post another "Jesus Calling" devo but......

I guess I'll start this post with saying that the last few days have been emotionally draining for me. Obviously, the fact of what I did on Valentine's day never left my mind. Guilt just followed me around like a dark cloud. And my guilt was magnified with the response of silence, the response of more judgement and the response of anger/disappointment. But the second I decided to post those comments about my husband, I ASKED FOR the things to follow. You make a choice, you gotta deal with the consequences.

All that to say, I woke up yesterday hoping more than anything that I would open up Jesus Calling and read the exact words I needed to hear. Not only was I overwhelmed at the perfect words God placed on the pages that day for me, but for the reaffirmation of the support I was already being given from sweet words of my friends and husband. So I feel I need to share this:

"I AM WITH YOU. These four words are like a safety net, protecting you from falling into despair. Because you are human, you will always have ups and downs in your life experience. But the promise of My Presence limits how far down you can go. Sometimes you may feel as if you are in a free fall, when people or things you had counted on let you down. Yet as soon as you remember that I am with you, your perspective changes radically. Instead of bemoaning your circumstances, you can look to Me for help. You recall that not only am I with you, I am holding you by your right hand. I guide you with My counsel, and afterward I will take you into Glory. This is exactly the perspective you need: the reassurance of My Presence, and the glorious hope of Heaven."

It ended with this verse, which I found when I was 18 and have since then held so close to my heart:
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
-Psalm 73:26

I hope this is encouraging for you today, because it was everything I needed to read yesterday. I am blown away by the equation that is simply seek the Lord and embrace His presence and He will give you exactly what He knows you need.