Thursday, March 31, 2011
Friday, March 11, 2011
What Are the Signs of the End Times According to the Bible?
People are often so fascinated with end times (I know I am). Jesus’ own disciples were certainly no different. We see that in Matthew chapter 24 (and Luke 21) the disciples asked Jesus about the end times. Jesus replies and gives the following summary of things that must come to pass:
- Many will claim to be the Christ (Messiah) or Claim to be Jesus. They will convince some people and lead them away.
- There will be wars and rumors of wars
- Nation will rise against nation, and Kingdom against Kingdom
- There will be an increase in Famines
- There will be an increase in Earthquakes
- There will be an increase in pestilences (Luke 21)
- There will be great signs in heaven (meaning space/the universe) with things such as the sun, moon, stars, etc. (Luke 21)
- Christian Persecution will increase
- People will increasingly betray one another
- People will increasingly hate one another
- There will be an increase in false Prophets
- Many people will be devoid of love
- The Gospel must be preached to all nations, then the end comes.