Sunday, July 18, 2010

A Love Story: Piece by Piece Part 1

This is completely random, but I'm doing it anyway. Not like anyone cares to read my "love story" but I'm just gonna go ahead and 'document' it :)
So this is the story of how the Lord strategically placed Hunter Lamb in my life. I'm going to post it in pieces just because I don't want to be writing for hours. I will try to post everyday, but if not, at least every few days.


Enjoy.


His name was Russ. We played together every recess- just the two of us- no one else. It was the same game every day. He was the puppy dog, I was his mommy. We were best friends and I "loved" him. Or so I wrote in my kindergarten phone book. But what does a 5 year old know about love?

First grade, I decided boys were dumb. Tommy elbowed me while we were watching Disney's Robin Hood, so..... I hated boys.

I liked Jonathan in the second grade, but he liked my friend Megan. I knew she was prettier than me, so I excepted Jonathan as a friend.

Third grade, I was head over heels for Michael. My mom thought he was the cutest boy ever, too. Turns out, he grew up to be a real champ. (Are you picking up on my sarcasm? 'Cause I'm laying it on pretty thick. Shut up, Richard.)

I had about five best friends in fourth grade, so there was no time to fit in a crush. However, I did get a little jealous when I found out John liked one of my best friends... despite the fact that I called this boy "baboon butt" (yes, to his face) because he wore blue duckheads almost everyday.... I didn't even like him. I was just jealous.

Fifth grade was my first big crush. 'First big crush' as in, the boy you thought about day and night. His name was Philip. My best friend finally got a boyfriend, so I thought what better time to talk about boys now? I slept at her house one night and confessed to her for the first time about my crush. We laid in bed giggling and before we turned the lights out, I said "You dream about Jeffrey and I'll dream about Philip." That monday at school, our class was coming back from the library, lunch, the gym, who cares, and I remember walking up to a scene straight out of a movie. My entire class was in a circle and I could see Jennifer in the middle talking. As I walked closer, her eyes jutted over to me and my whole class turned around. Almost everyone at once ran over to me yelling things like "You like Philip??? You said you wanted to dream about him????" And I just saw Philip staring away. To this day, I'm still baffled as to why someone would do that to their best friend.

So from that point on, I decided I wasn't "like-able" and that NO boy would EVER know if I had feelings for him. I built up a wall around my heart that was a million feet high and a million feet thick. I would never be hurt over a crush again.