Monday, February 28, 2011

I'm going to continue sharing posts on my personal thoughts and beliefs that have derived from misconceptions from friends/family members through out my life.

But before I can post my next blog, I need to correct myself.
In my post about alcohol, I wrote it with an attitude that was hurtful.
While I still agree with my reasoning to write it- the main reason being that I do not believe it is a sin to drink- I don't agree with my deliverance. I did use personal examples that resulted in offending those who figured out that they were about them. I do see it necessary to use examples of times in my life that have been hurtful to my acceptance of Christ's perfect and unconditional love, but because I let my anger when reliving those experiences take over me, (who me? let emotion drive? no way! That was an extremely sarcastic remark.) I wrote the post in a distasteful manner.

I'm sorry I was hurtful.
In my attempt to help those who have also been wounded by untruths, I wounded others.

More specifically, I should not have said the grape juice theory is stupid.
I should have chosen better words in making that point.

So with that said, I don't have the time this very moment to write another post continuing my thoughts on the subject of deteriorating the message of the Gospel, so I will leave you with a bit on my next post to come:

"Even churches have forsaken Love and Mercy."
-Leeland

That is a verse from the song "Tears of the Saints" written by Leeland.

Sadly, I believe bodies of believers can be the most harsh in judging. I've watched documentaries on this, I've read news articles on this, I've concluded that Christians themselves are the very people that lead those who don't believe in Christ far, far away from our faith.

Forsaken is defined as abandonment.
Mercy is defined as compassion shown toward offenders.