Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Brace yourself for insane cuteness...


Living out in Spring Hill, I've witnessed tons of wildlife. Sadly, it's mostly just my cat and the neighbor's cat eating it. Lots of mice... birds....frogs.... you name it. The other day, I was cleaning close to the window and noticed Vito behaving super sketchy. I took a closer look and somehow he had managed to catch a beautiful cardinal and was just having a feast. How he caught such a pretty red bird is beside me. About 2 weeks ago, I was walking around our town home and found a teeny tiny.... headless bunny. So upset!
Yesterday morning, I walked outside to leave for Kevin's house and Vito walked out with me. He did his little "curious" noise, which lead my attention to Figaro who was chasing a baby rabbit. I dropped my purse and said "OH NO. You are NOT gonna kill a bunny today! Not on my porch!" I went and got a towel to try and catch it, not realizing how hard it would actually be. If you think about it, this bunny was being chased my 3 different things and wasn't about to stop for anything! I managed to corner it in a bush and scooped it up. I mean, Vito and Figgy were just like little wolves begging me to put it down.
The bunny was so gentle and calm once I caught it. Figgy had managed to puncture it's ear, claw it's head and tear it's paw pretty bad. Of course, I immediately became attached. I loved it. I wanted to keep it forever..... Hunter said "You better not!" haha.






(this one is my favorite)

I wanted to keep it, but of course knew that was completely unrealistic. I took him to Pet Smart to see if they could determine it's age so I could at least know if it was old enough to be let back go in the wild (somewhere where cats DON'T live). Despite the fact that they sell rabbits, this is the answer I got "Derrrr........."
So my mom suggested I take it to the Agape animal hospital because she's heard lots of good things about them. They showed immediate concern. They wanted to keep it for the day and clean it's wounds and give it nourishment. Also, one of the techs there lives on a farm and wanted to take it home to raise it until it was old enough to live on it's own. They could tell I had grown attached to it and were even sweet enough to make double sure that this plan was ok with me.
I feel so good knowing that this little guy is going to be ok!