Monday, January 11, 2010

Good Day Sunshine


Today I was running in my brother-in-law's neighborhood and saw a little frozen pond nestled back in some trees! Of course I had to run back to the house to grab my camera.


It was frozen over. This is me standing on it! Then it made a weird cracking, echo-ee noise so I
B-lined it back to safety.


mmmmmm I made chicken and rice soup! It was so easy to make and SO YUMMY and warmed us up!
-2 cooked, shredded chx breasts (or more if desired)
-two 14 oz cans chx broth
-two cans water (use chx broth cans)
-2 large carrots, chopped
-2 celery stalks, chopped
-1 medium onion, chopped
-1 can cream of celery soup
-1 box of Uncle Ben's rice, original recipe
-1/2 tbls tarragon
-1 tsp pepper
-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
-1 tsp garlic powder

Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer on low for 1 hour. Enjoy!


Well, Hunter is at band practice. So I decided to watch a movie.
I chose this amazingly nerdy skate movie called Grind from 2003. I used to be obsessed with it. Also.... Mike Vogel is in it... whom I also was obsessed with at one point in my life.


I also was obsessed with this girl from the movie. I wanted to BE her. She skated. I thought she was sooooo cool. You see, I had a thing for "skater boys." Gosh, I'm not sure why. Oh wait. I'm pretty sure my "thing" all started when I laid eyes on this super cute brown-haired boy from my wellness class freshman year. He was wearing a special olympics thrift tee and an oversized flannel shirt over it. He had on baggy jeans and huge skate shoes that were all taped up. Who'da thunk he'd be my husband one day?