Friday, January 8, 2010

snow turns to ice!




So we're in our second day of snow, but today everything is icey. The boys are dressed and outside enjoying another day of no school. Nolan came running up to the door, exclaiming
"Aunt Heather! The road is so icey, I almost fell!"
I said
"Yeah, buddy. When you cross the street, I do NOT want you to run. You could fall hard and hurt yourself."
"Ok!" he said and proceeded back across the street to join his brothers. He stepped up to the curb and I noticed to kids standing in the road watching him. Quite frankly, the kids around my sister's apartment are little punks, so I quickly prayed "Please don't let him fall in front of them."
He looked for cars and took off running. He fell.
I thought "Maaaan, Nolan, I JUST got done telling you not to run!"
One of the punk kids pointed and laughed. So his friend pushed him..... and down he went. Right on his butt. This went through my head-
"Aw, that was kinda mean......... BUT I'M SO GLAD THAT JUST HAPPENED FOR NOLAN'S SAKE!"