Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Rainbows+sunshine+funny faces+yummy things= good for the heart



This past thursday, I left my sister's house and there was an ENTIRE arch of a rainbow outside (of course it was outside...) But it had been messy and rainy all day and then the sun came bursting through the clouds and produced THE MOST beautiful rainbow I've ever seen. I've never seen an entire arch! I was speechless. I pulled out my rinky dink digital camera and TRIED to capture it in all it's glory, but this one definitely does not do it justice. I'm just so honored that I was able to witness such a miraculous Divinely-created piece of art in person.


Today was a "Toad the Wet Sprocket" kind of day. I put Kasen down for a nap and then thought "Hmmm... what to do now...." I took one look at the backyard and spread out a blanket. It felt so good to lay there soaking up the sun. And Kevin's grass is especially plushy. Here's proof:


This is Chase wondering what the heck I'm doing laying in the backyard where he goes poop...

Here's that amazing star in the big blue sky God created so us earthlings could survive.

Sweet Chase finally decided to join me on my blanket. I'm so glad he did. He's such good company...

Now it's time for funny faces with Kasen! My 'funny face' isn't very diverse, but man, can Kasen cheese for the camera!



Tonight I made this lovelyyyy italian pasta salad. I was so afraid Hunter wouldn't like it, but he did! It was so easy, too!
-Cook a box of tri-colored pasta
-allow to cool and add as much italian dressing as your heart desires
-chop 2 roma tomatoes, half an onion (only if you like raw onion), and a can of artichoke hearts and combine with a drained can of sliced olives
-add feta and parmesan to taste, as well as garlic powder and salt/pepper
-chill for at least an hour and enjoy!
(it gets even better after a couple days)