Sunday, May 2, 2010

I know it doesn't seem like that big a deal um BUT IT IS.


TN is a disaster area... 8 deaths confirmed.

Here is the water flowing into the road. After Hunter and I took pictures, we were crossing back over and I was blown away at how much higher it had gotten in just 10 minutes. The water was so swift I was sure we were going to get rushed into the guard rail.

This is less than a mile from our house.
everyone knows how high a basketball goal is.... here it is with water half way up its pole.





On a regular day, the water is typically well beneath this bridge.

This is our neighborhood's park. The creek (which is usually tucked far back behind it down a slope) has now reached the park trails.

Our neighborhood's storm drains are starting to overflow.
Video of the rapid waters in Spring Hill!

I want to thank all of my family and friends for keeping in touch through this disaster, whether it be through facebook, text, email or phone call. It means so much to me to know that I'm being watched out for and I'm trying my best to make sure my family/friends are safe as well. If you don't live in TN and have family in this area that you have not yet checked on, know that Nashville and the surrounding areas are getting hit hard. This is a horrible natural disaster and you will definitely want to keep in touch with loved ones. This is not a light situation. I am keeping our state in prayer and my heart is breaking for those who's life has been altered due to all of this. Please pray too.