Friday, May 21, 2010

southern sunset


Last night, Hunter and I went out to dinner and then planned on driving into Columbia to buy my mom a birthday present (May 24!) While we were eating, it was storming and the weather was so gross. Leaving the restaurant, we were surprised to see a rainbow glowing over Target! The further south we drove, the more the sky lit up. It was by far, one of the most beautiful skies I've seen in my lifetime. Scientists could explain away why the sky turns different shades of pinks and blues and purples and technically why a rainbow forms, but really, all that matters to me is I know these things happen because my Creator is Beauty and His work is stunning.

Luckily, we had to stop to get gas so I was able to whip out my dinky camera and attempt to capture this performance. HOWEVER, like I always say, you should have seen it with your own eyes because these pictures only provide a glimpse of what we saw.

Also..... there's a ton. They all may look the same to you, but I just couldn't justify not posting every single one of them.....














These next few were taken as we were driving. They're all really blurry, but I thought they were cool because the color of the sky is still represented in them.







Poor folk's frappuccino
But listen, really, if you just save some of your brewed coffee from the day before, they're really easy to make. And good.

My tomato plant! So many are growing! I can't wait 'til they're ripe :)