Thursday, January 20, 2011



After my Da passed, a lot of my mom's family gathered at my Nana's house to look at pictures. It was such a blessed time and I found myself daydreaming about living in simpler days. The old pictures of my Nana and Da are incredible. My Nana was beautiful and my Da was so handsome. They met when my Nana was 17 and married when she was 18. Here's the kicker- my Da was 14 years older than her!



My Nana. I love the look on her face in this picture. And I'd give anything to own that dress.

This picture is so nostalgic! I believe this is my Da's brother. He was in the airforce (I think!) or we'll just say he definitely served our country :)


That's my Da in the white and Nana in the middle.

Check out these clothes!

my Da in uniform. So handsome!

My Da's brother again. All the army pictures were my favorite. It was a time that generations after will just never comprehend.


My Da in Alaska, I believe. Love his smile.

Ok so this is my teenage Nana! I LOVE this picture. Look at her amazing little outfit. And the best part of the picture? She is five months pregnant. Really?? Really.


Oh my gosh. I almost want to frame this one. That's my Da in the right lower corner and next to him with the short hair is my Nana (biting her lip- so cute!). The man with his back to the picture is my Nana's father and next to him in the glasses is Nana's mother. My Nana grew up in the country, so you can tell in this picture that they're in a simple little house with wooden walls. I can only imagine the conversation they're having and the meal they're eating. I wish I was right in the middle of it.


Nana and Da. Again, the style... oh my gosh. It's so lovely!


My mom and her family! Look at my mom in the lower left corner. That little grin makes me melt!!!!! The middle, tallest child is my uncle Mack, right underneath him is uncle Joey, to the left of him is uncle Kenny and the little guy who looks like my mom's twin is uncle Andy.


Mom and her little pixie haircut. I wish I knew her as a child.


Family photo on mom's birthday. So, so, so sweet.

I want a little auburn-haired child with a button nose :)

could she get any cuter.....


And here she is her senior year.
All I have to say is, wow. My mother is still just as gorgeous.