Sunday, October 4, 2009

Country Ham Festival


Sooooo I'm pretty sure only in Spring Hill would you find a festival that celebrates..... ham. BUT I'm so glad we do! It's such a fun festival, and of course, the boys loved it!


Just makes me want some HAM! nooooot really.

Right when we walked into the festival, there was a trailer full of cute little pumpkins to decorate!

I couldn't resist such an itty bitty pumpkin, and to avoid looking like the moocher who just wanted to pick out 4 or 5 pumpkins and stash 'em in my bag, I grabbed a marker and me and Hunter decorated a couple! Look at how little Hunter's is!!! I love it so much!






The boys decided to join the ham walk.... the prize was......... a ham.

The game was musical chairs. Nolan and Aiden didn't do so bad! Kevin and Kasen were out on the first round...... Hunter almost had it, but got out in the third to last round. It's ok. I actually don't eat pork. At all.






This was my absolute favorite thing I walked away with from the festival. It just looks vintage and it's a picture of tons of biscuits and ham! Haha!

Ok... look at this baby cow. It was SO CUTE!!!! I couldn't stop staring at it because it was so cute and so sweet and so fuzzy. Hunter said "Look! It's Fozzy from the Muppets!!"




There was a cool surf board game at the festival. Basically, you just surf on it for as long as you can before you fall off. Nolan had really good balance!

Aiden stayed on for a while, too!

And then, of course, Kasen took the game to a whole different level. He is such a little booger. He made the guy who controlled the game laugh so hard and he yelled "Hey! No body surfing!!!"



Funny story! We were standing in line for the boys to ride the train. All of a sudden, I looked down and Kasen was gone. I panicked and interrupted Kevin and Hunter's conversation "Where's Kasen???????" I ran up to the front of the line and studied each train car. No Kasen. Kevin left the line to go search around the other games. No Kasen. Hunter called his name a few times. No Kasen. I was looking up and down the line and repeatedly in the train. No Kasen. My heart was beating fast! The train started to drive away so I stepped out of line to study each car closely as it passed. The first car passed. The second car passed. The third and fourth and finally the caboose. Right before I burst into tears, I watched the caboose drive away and there was this little boy standing up, smiling from ear to ear and I could him saying "yaaaayyy!!!"
IT WAS KASEN!!!!!!! I yelled "HE'S ON THE TRAIN!!!"  and everyone around us chuckled. Me, Kevin and Hunter couldn't help but laugh either! That boy is a mess. When the train pulled back in, I ran up to it and found him with some new friends sitting by him. A really sweet lady was talking to him and helped him off the train. I, still in shock, scooped him up and immediately started with the "We were so scared! Don't ever walk away from us again! We didn't know where you were!!"

And his face went from a "that was so much fun" grin to a "what did I do?" look. 
I'll just never forget, though, how happy he looked, not caring at all that he was with a bunch of strangers, to be on that train. He had a one-track mind in that line and it was "I gotta get on that train........."

The boys did a good old fashioned potato sack race. And yes, that's Kasen in the far back... he fell.

poor thing didn't even come close to winning.
But at least he finished! Watch him in all his glory :)


It was a great way to spend my Saturday and I can't wait for the festival to come back next year!!