Friday, October 9, 2009

more of the usual :) but i love the usual


The other day, Hunter and I took a lovely nap. Vito decided to join us. I just had to capture this because Vito ALWAYS decides to snuggle with Hunter over me.


And here's some more super cute snuggling...


I made fried chicken! It was only my second time making it. It always makes me nervous b/c fried chicken is such a prized food in the south- I'm talking SOUTH. I grew up in Birmingham and my Nana makes fried chicken that will blow your mind. My Mawmaw also makes fried chicken tenders that you can't get enough of. So I've got some pretty high expectations here.
All that to say, it was awesome! The first time I tried my hand at fried chicken, I double-dipped it in eggs and the flour mixture so that the crust would be extra thick, and I fried it in about one inch of oil. This time, I omitted dipping the chicken in egg and just dusted it lightly with my flour mixture. I just coated the bottom of the pan in oil and pan fried the chicken. The crust was thin, but light and crunchy. It was so good! Ok, I'm done talking about fried chicken.


Now for more snuggly time...



Yesterday just seemed perfect to make this comfort-food tortellini soup. I made a big pot and Hunter, Kasen and I enjoyed lunch on the back patio. 
The recipe is SO EASY and so good! My friend Miriam E. told me how to make it. You cook 2 cans of tomato soup according to the instructions and then add a little chicken stock, salt and pepper, italian seasonings and the cooked tortellini (I use whole wheat three cheese by Buitoni). When you're ready to serve, add some shredded parmesan cheese and mmmmmm! You have yourself a pot of yummy soup!


That's all for now!!
:)