Thursday, December 16, 2010

.
.
just a little thought stirring about my head this morning....
.
.
I was thinking about my pawpaw when he rescued a couple in the 60's from a wrecked car, engulfed in scorching flames. I've also got a struggling family on my heart this morning. The two don't seem tied together, but in my head, they are. You see, some people need recognition for their good acts. They contemplate this recognition, this reward, even before the act is done. However, I know that is not the situation in both these cases. Both parties rescued persons from danger. My pawpaw rescued lives from near death. The other party rescued a life from feeling like death. Sometimes people save others without the thought of the risk being made, without the thought of consequences, without the thought of what will be sacrificed. And when the only thing that goes through their mind is "This has to be done now." that's when this act is being made by a Strength much greater than their own.
.
.
.
on a light note :)
.
.
Did you know my 4 year old nephew is a comedian? He is. This morning, we had just dropped the older 2 off at school and I got quite the entertainment on the ride home. The usual trip in the car consists of me sipping on my coffee, Christmas music on and Kasen trying to sing along to the Christmas music. Well, I guess he figured out over the course of this season that trying to learn the words to Christmas songs is just too hard. So this morning, he decided instead of singing along, he would add along. Here are a few examples of what I mean:
.
.
song: Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock.....
.
Kasen: Rock? I don't see a rock.
.
song: Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun........
.
Kasen: What?! Dis not fun!
.
song: Now the jingle hop has begun.................. dancing and prancing in Jingle Bell square, in the frosty air.....
.
Kasen: We're not in a square! Dis air not frosty!
.
song: What a bright time................
.
Kasen: It not bright!
.
song: It's the right time to rock the night away....... giddy-up, jingle horse, pick up your feet...
.
Kasen: I not a horse!!!
.
song: Jingle around the clock....
.
Kasen: I don't see a clock!!
.
song: Mix and a mingle in the jingling feet, that's the jingle bell, that's the jingle bell, that's that jingle bell rock!
.
Kasen: I still don't see a rock OR a jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell.......... Ok, are you gonna answer me?
.
.
This one was my favorite....
.
song: Silver and gold, silver and gold. Everyone wishes for silver and gold...
.
Kasen: What?!?! Not a t-rex, dinosaur, or monster!!!!! OK, they not real.
.
At that point, I started choking on my coffee and laughing so hard. I don't think Kasen even realized I was listening- he was completely in his own world. But I am OH SO glad he invinted a new way of singing to songs.