Sunday, June 5, 2011

re-post :)


Bare with me, because I promise I'm going somewhere with this post...

My husband has a heart of gold. He has been in my life for 6 years now and when I think about being married to this man, the word "blessing" doesn't even do him justice. I honestly feel so undeserving to be his wife because he is the epitome of what it is to love unconditionally. He has seen me at my worst- places that no other person has had to see me- and he has only loved me stronger as a result. He takes the blows I've given him, and while any other man would rightfully shut down towards me in response, he turns the other cheek, then apologizes for something I did. He has witnessed me broken and weeping in my defeat and has cried along side me in my brokenness. He takes the blame for things he hasn't done. He has a huge heart. He is silly and happy and always looks on the positive side of situations.

My husband is in the music business. Music made up a huge part of who I was in my teenage years and early adulthood. But for the past 6 years, I've been exposed to so much in the music business that my passion for music has almost deteriorated. People in the music industry can just be so shameless sometimes, and unfortunately we've experienced a lot of that over the years.


But his heart is so unconditional that he constantly reminds me to trust the good in people. Something I so prematurely got worked up over the other day worked out. The people in the situation DO CARE about Hunter and DO WANT to look out for him. I felt silly for getting angry over something that hadn't even happened yet, but it was my natural reaction to assume that the people Hunter works just might not care. It was SO REFRESHING to hear that THEY DID want what was best for Hunter. And I thank God for where he is right now.


Hunter has ALWAYS encouraged me to trust in the Lord with the way things are or aren't turning out, because that's what keeps him believing--- his trust in God. And I truly believe Hunter's continuous faith has allowed God to guide his footsteps. Though he's felt thoroughly confused at times, he is always quick to thank God for where He has him. Because of his faith and reason to believe that God had something better, God has placed him in a current situation in which he absolutely feels loved and appreciated. Though his current work is hard, it's rewarding because he is reminded again and again that he is surrounded by love and people who want him there. And since this more recent transition, other opportunities have sprung from it and I see Hunter excited about music again. I've gotten so upset in past times having to see him disappointed again and again, and now seeing him being loved, being offered opportunities, having his talent wanted is such a breath of fresh air for both him and me. If we chose to believe, then God will show us that His plans are always better than our own.


Now onto my main point!

For the past 2 days, God has shown me the same verse 3 different times. Yesterday, I though about my 20th birthday and the verse God gave me. It was a time I felt unwanted. And the morning I turned 20, God showed me Psalm 37:4:
"Delight yourself in the Lord,
and He will give you the desires of your heart."
I took this verse to heart full on and one short week after my 20th birthday, Hunter waltzed into my life.
This morning, I was having my quiet time and one of the verses in my devotional was Psalm 37:4. I smiled and thought "Hey, I thought about this verse just yesterday!" Then later on, I walked over to my refrigerator and glanced at my calendar. I just turned to the month of June the other day, but hadn't read the verse for June until today. Yup. It was Psalm 37:4. I laughed and said "Ok, God. This isn't coincidence! Teach me again what it is to delight myself in You."

I have been discouraged lately for different reasons, but I have the privilege of being married to a man who is the prime example of being fully content in where God has him. I also have the privilege of believing in a God who reminds me loud and clear as day how to find joy in wherever life has me (Psalm 37:4).