Sunday, June 19, 2011

Josh and Maria Teige



I had the privilege of serving wine at my friend's
brother's wedding on Saturday.
I've been to A LOT of weddings over the years, and I have to say,
this wedding is definitely in my top favorite.
It was held on a beautiful piece of property in the country area of Columbia.
Earlier that day a big storm came through, which dropped the
temperature about 15 degrees, so the evening was absolute perfection.
The setting was eclectic, vintage and every detail was amazing.
Josh and Maria got married right before sunset
and their ceremony was, by far, one of the sweetest I've ever heard.
Brandon Porter married them and he told the story of
how Josh and Maria met.
He then told what Josh and Maria loved about each other,
and the list was so precious.
I adore meaningful ceremonies that reveal how much
the bride and groom love each other.
Then we moved onto the reception.
By then, the sun had set and we ate amazing food,
drank wine and danced with the fireflies.
Hands down, one of the sweetest weddings I've been to in a long time.
It was a smaller wedding, but extremely personal, warm and humble.
I am so glad I got to witness these two lovebirds tie the knot!
I can't wait to see all the details that the wedding photographer captured!



The reception was beautiful. Each table had a different antique tablecloth and multiple styles of vintage chairs. We were also surrounded by amazing landscaping and greenery.

After the sun went down, we lit the bonfire
(where the red lawn chairs are set up).
It was perfect because the bonfire was set back by the creek and was so relaxing.


I was lucky enough to be able to bring home one of the center pieces
from the reception. Aren't they pretty?? I love the jars they're in.

You can't really tell in this picture, but in the center is the bride
and groom's table
and directly behind it is a stone fireplace covered in vines.
Like I said, every detail was BEAUTIFUL!

This was at the ceremony.
It was set further back on the property nestled by the tree line and creek.
The benches were hand-made with tree stumps and natural cuts of wood.

I LOVED what the bridesmaids were wearing.
They had on cowboy boots and pretty little cotton dresses.
They also carried paper flowers.
Such a cute idea!

Here comes the stunning bride :)
Her dress was AMAZING! She found it at Anthropologie.
I also loved the details at the end of the benches-
Coke bottles filled with little white flowers and wheat,
tied to posts with thin rope.


"Josh, you may now kiss your bride."
He kept picking her up like this to kiss her.
It was so sweet because Josh is very tall and Maria is teeny!

Mr. & Mrs. Teige!

She wore cowboy boots with her dress- LOVE IT!

The reception was so warm and welcoming.
I wish you could see all the little details better-
there were lots of antique pieces, natural wood and their engagement pictures.
They served tons of yummy food- shrimp and orzo salad, salmon bruschetta, pinwheel sandwiches, spinach artichoke dip, tons of fresh fruit and veggies, stuffed tomatoes, chicken salad... just to name a few!
I helped serve the drinks. They had wine, sweet tea, pink lemonade cocktails (in mason jars!! AMAZING!) and old-fashioned bottles of RC, Coke, Sunkist, Sundrop, rootbeer...

This was the cutest thing- for dessert, there was just tons of
homemade pies. I love this idea!
This is the cherry pie Katye made- gluten free and so good!



And so starts the dancing :)

The little boy break-dancing in the middle was soooo good!



Congratulations, Josh and Maria!!!
Your love for each other really shined last night
and God's presence was so apparent.
They're off to Hawaii now!
I heard Josh left his cell phone at home.
Thatta boy, Josh :) Who needs phones when you're in Hawaii?????



{photography by Katye Anderson}