Saturday, June 11, 2011

I really needed this today...

So I'm sharing it!


Trust Me and don't be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song. Do not let fear dissipate your energy. Instead, invest your energy in trusting Me and singing My Song. The battle for control of your mind is fierce, and years of worry have made you vulnerable to the enemy. Therefore, you need to be vigilant in guarding your thoughts. Do not despise this weakness in yourself, since I am using it to draw you closer to Me. Your constant need for Me creates an intimacy that is well worth the effort. You are not alone in this struggle for your mind. My Spirit living within you is ever ready to help in this striving. Ask Him to control your mind; He will bless you with Life and Peace.

"See, God has come to save me. I will trust in Him and not be afraid. The Lord God is my strength and my song; He has given me victory."
-Isaiah 12:2

"So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. "
-Romans 8:6

{From my Jesus Calling devotional}