Sunday, June 12, 2011


I love being a homeowner.
Hunter and I bought our town home in August of 2008,
and I am still in progress of making it feel like a home.
Sometimes I wonder if that process ever stops?
You find little things, pieces, pictures, art that represent you
and give it it's very own corner to reside along with you in your home.



This is our latest piece. We originally bought it for our TV console,
but decided we like it in our room.
The wood has a dark, natural and rustic look with
iron posts for the legs.
The art on the table was a gift from my brother-in-law and I love it!
I also recently put up the wall art, which says "For we walk by faith not by sight.
-2 Corinthians 5:7"
(The word 'faith' is in gold, so it's hard to see in this picture)


This is my favorite piece in the whole house.
I found it at a thrift store and it reminds me
of something you'd find on a pirate ship, haha!
I finally hung some art over it, which is a collage
one of my best bud's, Katye, made me and Hunter
as a wedding gift. I love it!


This is also a new addition.
This was my mawmaw and pawpaw's console, but she recently
bought a huge, beautiful one so we got her old one!
I think it fits really well with our taste.


I took the time to pick some pretty summer flowers today :)
I put them in old bottles and love how rustic, but pretty they make the kitchen feel.


This little magnet is the cutest! My sister gave it to me for my birthday.
It's a teeny tiny jar that I can put a single mini flower in.
It makes me happy :)